Ask The Nutritionist - Date now Tues March 13 @6pm

What if the person is having PCOS treating for 2 years now? Or is this information not same for it

What foods are good for PCOS?
Choose:

• Fresh fruits or frozen/canned fruit without added sugar, or unsweetened applesauce.
  • Non–starchy fresh vegetables or frozen/canned vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and carrots.
  • Whole grains such as whole wheat pasta, brown rice, oats, and whole wheat bread.

Ok thanks

Now you all might be wondering How Antioxidants work They work like a defence system, disarming free radicals. They are a kind of police force within the body. They “catch and quench” free radicals wherever they are so they are not able to spread and cause damage to our cells. When an antioxidant finds a free radical it engulfs it and welds into its molecular structure. This creates a weakened free radical, not strong enough to do any harm.

At this point, that particular antioxidant is sacrificed unless its “sister” antioxidant comes along and revives it. I will go into further detail about this a little later as it is very important to know when you are using antioxidant therapies.

you’re welcome

Sorry for all the “medical jargon” But do you know why Antioxidants are important and necessary for healthy fertility?

Now that we know how antioxidants and free radicals generally work, let’s talk about how they affect fertility specifically. Everything in the body is made of cells that need to be protected from free radicals; simple as that. Not only are the ovum (egg) and sperm made up of cells which can be affected by free radical damage, so are the reproductive organs and glands that produce reproductive hormones. If these cells are less than optimal, the organs, ovum, sperm, etc. will not be functioning at their best.

Another thing to remember or to note is; when DNA is attacked, it can also be altered by free radicals. The DNA of both partners is the future blueprint for a child. Damaged DNA is known to cause miscarriages or birth defects/developmental problems for the future child. Studies have also shown a connection between oxidative stress caused from free radicals and male infertility. So, it is very important for both parents to be taking a biologically active antioxidant for example - Cellgevity.

In simple terms my mothers, antioxidants cleanse your cells and entire body and preps it as a fertile ground for seeding

Let me share with you antioxidants mainly concerned with fertility.

Lipoic Acid
Lipoic acid is a very important antioxidant because it not only helps to protect the female reproductive organs, but it has also been shown to improve sperm quality and motility (no wonder we have gotten some amazing testimonies from some ladies on this platform). Lipoic acid is a must in every supplement regime as it regenerates all of the other antioxidants and is the only antioxidant that can regenerate glutathione. It also helps to build a strong and properly functioning immune system and can help to reverse some of the damage caused by smoking cigarettes and excessive drinking seen in both men and women.

Food sources: In small amounts found in potatoes, spinach and red meat.

Ok, can we eat it in food or fruits too

Mothers there are plenty oooo, but you can read up here - 9 foods to boost glutathione production

Ok tnx

Pls wch type of anti oxidant helps the man. My friend complains her husband sperm is watery. Is it lack if antioxidants that is the problem or too much of it

Yes of course… However, there is still a great need for nutrition supplementation.

So, here’s How to Increase Your Antioxidants
Diet
Diet is the first way to get more antioxidants into your body. Eating a nutrient dense fertility diet includes all whole foods, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed meats, raw dairy, nuts, seeds and seaweed. All of these foods offer a wide variety of nutrients which are needed for optimal antioxidant levels.

Make sure to eat a wide variety of colours and fresh raw foods. Antioxidants are sensitive to heat and can be damaged during cooking and processing, so include a good amount of raw foods in your diet. Fresh pressed juices and smoothies are a great and easy way to get an abundance of nutrients into your diet. Please go buy blender ooo and start blending!!

Supplementation
The second step of getting more antioxidants into your body is to take an antioxidant blend supplement. This is very important as much of the food people eat today is void of antioxidants due to packaging and cooking. I kid you not I personally take an antioxidant blend daily as it is so important for overall health and vitality for me as a man. :grin::sweat_smile:

After 7 months of research and trying to find the best antioxidant blend, I and my team decided to try out Cellgevity with a few of our clients. We had found out that it contains all of the necessary antioxidants for fertility - alpha lipoic acid, curcumin, cordyceps, vitamin c, resveratrol etc. It contains all of the most important antioxidant nutrients in a capsule form. This blend is great for both men and women and should be a part of everyone’s health program, especially for fertility. We have started the process of getting our mothers here on ttc.ng to use some of the products and it has been amazing the reviews we have got. We thereby look to run a bit of subsidy for you all. Of course with indicated interest.

We have handled that case recently. It’s a low sperm count hence the thickness is lost. Now this is NOT to say that the product we recommend is a cure, but if he were to boost his glutathione production, his sperm cells will be in good function and number.

@abby he will do well with Cellgevity because it contains cordyceps.

Pls what does that mean

I meant that cordyceps is a great antioxidant booster particular to the sexual prowess (ability) of a man.

Any questions for now?

Yes there are some questions from our
Facebook page.
What is the effect of fruit detox on fertility

How can a diabetic person control sugar to make them conceive. What food will u recommend