Congrats on your pregnancy and to make this thread more exciting and informed for FTM (first time moms), prospective and current moms. Here is a quick list of tests that will be conducted as you start your antenatal.
- Pap smear (to check for abnormal cells, chlamydia and gonorrhea)
- Routine blood test (to confirm HIV status, Rhesus status, Syphilis, Hepatitis,)
- Immunity to Rubella and Chicken Pox
- Urine sample to check for UTI (Urinary tract infection, preeclampsia, etc)
- Test to know if you are at the risk of having diabetes
- First semester scan screening to confirm pregnancy and due date.
- First semester invasive or non-invasive blood tests and ultrasound scan to detect presence of down syndrome.
I will be updating for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters and other information.
Mamas @Serem @Yeleyemi @Abby @Dyolahh @Chi please give us inside information on this, and any other info I missed out. How are our babies doing? pls rest well and eat plenty leafy vegetabls and fruits.