How can I make myself more fertile?

How can I make this happen?

1 Like

I have trying to conceive for the past two years now and nothing has happened. Please what can I do?

Hi @anonymous47, here are a few suggestions.

• Record menstrual cycle frequency, to understand your body better.
  • Monitor ovulation to know your best time
  • Have sex every other day during the fertile window. …
  • Strive for a healthy body weight (not too overweight and not too underweight)
  • Take a prenatal vitamin ( 400 micrograms (mcg) per day of [folic acid, a B vitamin])
  • Eat healthy foods, (Less junk food and not too much carbohydrates)
  • Cut back on strenuous workouts. A little exercise might help, but not too strenuous.
  • Be aware of age-related fertility declines - There’s a gradual fertility decline in women beginning in their 30s, a sharper decline after age 37 and a steep decline after age 40.
  • Avoid smoking if you can.
  • Speak to a good doctor.

Dear momma @Amaka_Unegbu have you seen a gynae and done any test to know what’s causing the delay?

Hello Dear Sister, pls what test can I run to check that all is well as I’m 30 and been TTC for 4months and I’m scared as I read that fertility declines with age.

1 Like

We welcome you sis to our friendly community. The first tests your gynae will ask you to run is the hormonal profile test and a pelvic scan. But he/she would like to know if you are ovulating and your cycle length.
The invited consultant gynaecologist will be speaking with us tomorrow at 7pm on live video on our Facebook page Facebook.com/ttc.ng
You may want to hold on and also get the opportunity to ask him any question regarding conception.

Many thanks for the warmth welcome and response. I have done a pelvic scan which shows uterine myoma but I’m yet to do hormonal test.

@sabeela , you are welcome momma, most women have uterine myoma and are usually benign. But it now depends on the size and location that determines if it will affect fertility or not. Examples include fibroids that are inside the uterine cavity (submucosal) or very large (>6 cm in diameter) within the wall of the uterus (intramural).

Most women with fibroids will not be infertile. More evaluation is needed to be done for the couple before treating the fibroid for delayed conception.

Don’t forget the consultant gynaecologist will be speaking with us today at 7pm, don’t miss it. Watch here live on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ttcnigeria/

Okay…All will be well by His mercy.

1 Like

Amen