Implantation Bleeding and Symptoms

Implantation is when a fertilized egg attaches itself to the lining of the uterus so that it can continue to grow properly. This process typically takes about 9-10 days after fertilization has occurred.

It is characterized with cramps, headaches, fatigue, bloating, and mood swings. You may observe bleeding as a result of the blood vessels being broken when the embryo penetrates the uterus. The bleeding is usually light brown and observed for few days, mostly confused with beginning of a menstrual period.

Nausea and slight increase in temperature may also be observed. Other signs associated with implantation include:

Tender breast
Changing tastes of food
Missed Period
Increase in Temperature
Pimples and acne
Increased sense of smell or taste
Change in vaginal discharge
Tightness in chest
Flu-like symptoms
Frequent urination
Hot flushes
Aversions and food cravings

It is important to know that these symptoms are also indicative of other medical conditions and only a pregnancy test can really confirm if you are pregnant or not.

How to differentiate implantation bleeding from Menstrual flow

1. Usually pinkish or brownish in color and not bright red like menstrual flow
  2. Blood is very minimal and usually spotting unlike monthly flow
  3. Not in clots like menstrual flow
  4. Implantation bleeding appears before your anticipated menstruation day.
  5. Symptoms are different from symptoms experienced during pre and menstrual flow

References:
www.implantationspotting.net
baby-pedia.com
www.newhealthadvisor.com
www.newkidscenter.com

How do you no implantation cramps

Hello Beautiful mamas
Please I have been spotting for 8days now… It started on my supposed period date…
Please is it normal? This haven’t happened be4… Please suggestions
Thanks

Hello dear, I hope by now you have found out if it’s implantation bleeding or not? Were you able to do any test ?